Friday, November 03, 2006

A Few Bad Apples



Two weeks ago my teenser, her mom, nanna, cousins, brother, my mom, my sister, and Buddykev went apple picking at Stribling Orchards. We used long poles with a hooked basket on top to reach into the treetops and pluck apples. Unfortunately the apples were either rotten or the size of golfballs so we didnt keep any. The apple picking poles resembled really long lacrosse sticks so my sis and I being former lacrosse players decided to make up a game in which we used the poles to throw the apples into a trash can held by Kev. After about five minutes of watching us miss the trashcan we took a few pictures and decided to walk back to the country store. Christina bought a jar of country honey which made her very happy because the last jar of honey she bought three weeks ago was confiscated by airport security on our trip to Maine. Thanks alot terrorists! Her jar of honey doesnt look like the one i drew here, hers has a giant peice of honeycomb inside. It reminds me alot of a book that i remember reading as a kid. you may have read it too, its The Berenstein Bears and the Spooky Old Tree. At the end of the book Brother bear and Sister bear get to eat some honeycomb and I can remember thinking how good it must taste. Not so much now.

No comments: