Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Stained Glass Pre-production


I heard somewhere that you have up to a year after the wedding to get someone a wedding gift. Im going on 7 months right now for two weddings. I told both couples that i would be making them stained glass windows. At the time I was taking a stained glass class with my Teenser at the torpedo factory and thought, "Gee, It'll be great to make stained glass windows as gifts." Well I'm determined to do it! Some day soon I'll take a picture of the first project I did for my parents and post it. Until then I'll post the progress of this one. These are a few preliminary sketches for a smaller peice i plan to do with all the leftover glass from my last project. The next step will be to draw it bigger and cut out all the little peices to tape to the glass as templates for cutting. More on that later.

2 comments:

Elisa Chavarri said...

So let me get this straight, one has to first get married in order to receive one of these 7+ month late gifts? It may well be worth it ;)

Bevingtoon said...

haha, im going to post the process so you can make one yourself elisa!!! just kidding, you get married, invite me and I'll make you one.